Choosing the right school for your child is an important decision. We would love for your child to experience Ascension Catholic Preschool.
The philosophy of Ascension Catholic Preschool is to provide a loving and nurturing learning environment that fosters Catholic values and faith development. In preparation for your child’s grade school experience, our goal is to encourage children to be successful and confident within themselves.
Ascension Catholic Preschool follows the curriculum mandated by the Archdiocese of Kansas City, Kansas – education in the subjects of religion, personal development (i.e., physical, social, and emotional health and development), literacy, mathematics, science, and social studies. Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, music, art appreciation, creative movement, and cooking activities are also included. Best practices from the Montessori Method, Reggio Emilia, and the Constructivist Approach will be incorporated into the class curriculum.
Preschool Director and Teacher, Lynnette Rempel brings over 20 years of experience to our preschool classroom. Her training reflects a dedication to all areas of child development. Lynnette trained at Raintree Montessori School in Lawrence, Kansas and has worked in Montessori preschools for her entire professional life – including St. Paul’s Episcopal Day School and Monarch Montessori School, locally. Lynnette has a degree in Human Development and Family Life from the University of Kansas. She is a certified Love and Logic instructor and certified children’s yoga instructor through Karma Kids Yoga in New York City. Lynnette is a trained Level I and II catechist for Catechesis of the Good Shepherd. She loves teaching music to Ascension’s youth at Vacation Bible School and cantors regularly at Mass.
- Pre3 AM (2 days) – Tuesday & Thursday morning class (8AM-11AM)
- Pre3 PM (2 days) – Tuesday & Thursday afternoon class (12PM-3PM)
- PreK4 AM (3 days) – Monday, Wednesday, & Friday morning class (8AM-11AM)
- PreK4 PM (3 days) – Monday, Wednesday, & Friday afternoon class (12PM-3PM)
Enrollment follows four easy steps:
- Download & complete the attached information/class preference form by clicking here.
- Provide payment of Registration fee and Activity fee (Checks should be payable to Ascension Catholic School).
- Provide a copy of of child’s birth certificate.
- Return form and payment to ACS School Office as soon as possible to reserve your slot. Enrollment in preschool will not be complete until all registration fees and paperwork have been submitted. You will receive instructions pertaining to medical forms in a follow-up after enrollment.